You should know by now that I’m a loyal coconut fan (or maybe you are new here?). I can’t think of anything I like more than coconut. Maybe chocolate. It’s an impossible choice. But today we don’t have to choose. Hoorah! I’ve created this recipe for coconut truffles for us all to enjoy.
You only need three, yes THREE, ingredients to make these. They are so easy and of course, sugar-free by design but you can use sweetened chocolate if you prefer.
How do you make coconut truffles?
To make my sugar-free truffles I used creamed coconut, desiccated coconut and some dark chocolate. Yep. That’s it. These three are pretty common ingredients you should be able to get easily.
To actually assemble the recipe is just as simple:
- Combine desiccated and creamed coconut
- Scoop into balls and pop in the fridge
- Melt your chocolate
- Remove the coconut balls from the fridge and dip them in the chocolate
- Pop them back in the fridge for one hour
And they are ready! It really is that simple! This is one of those recipes that is so straightforward you will be able to memorise it after one (or maybe two!) times.
Are these truly sugar-free?
The answer here is, they are if you want them to be!
I made my coconut truffles with unsweetened desiccated coconut and unsweetened dark chocolate. You can choose to go for sweetened or milk chocolate and it will work just the same. Or go for sweetened desiccated coconut if you are not worried about the sugar content.
Another option is to go for naturally sweetened chocolate which is sold with natural sweeteners like stevia. Some are honey-sweetened which still is high in sugar but if you are looking for a whole foods option that is a great choice!
Can I store coconut truffles?
These sugar free truffles are great snacks to make in advance and store later!
Pop them in a container away from direct light. A dark shelf or cupboard is wonderful. Or if the weather is a bit warmer, store them in the fridge: you just want to be careful to avoid the chocolate melting, like you would any normal chocolatey snack!
Did you make your own truffles?
I would love to see your take on my coconut truffles recipe! Make sure to tag me on instagram in any photos you have @iamskyskitchen and if you are not in the coconut mood? Have a look at my other sweet snacks and cookie recipes to find something just for you!
Chocolate Coconut Truffles
- 60 grams cream of coconut
- 300 grams desiccated coconut
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut for sprinkling optional
- In a large bowl mix the desiccated coconut and cream of coconut. Add more cream of coconut if needed to help combine the mixture.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp sized balls of the coconut mixture and the mixture and shape into neat balls. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After an hour, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water or in a microwave.
- Remove the coconut balls from the fridge and dip in melted chocolate. Place them back on the parchment paper and cover the tops with extra shredded coconut if you wish.
- Refrigerate for another hour before serving
The equipment section may contain affiliate links to products I know and love